The new legislative session will be incredibly busy and one full of important issues – especially those related to health care. The primary goal of our organization is to keep North Carolinians safe from harm when receiving medical advice and services.
The North Carolina Coalition to Protect Patients is a non-profit, 501(c)4 organization, comprised of a dozen member organizations:
- North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- North Carolina Chapter, American College of Physicians
- North Carolina Dermatology Association
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- North Carolina Neurological Society
- North Carolina Psychiatric Association
- North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists
- North Carolina Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- North Carolina Society of Pathologists
- North Carolina Spine Society
Together, our organizations work to conduct research and provide educational materials regarding the growing importance of physician leadership in healthcare. The Coalition supports the development of team-based models of care, rather than further fragmentation of care by providers who seek to practice independently. This includes those who wish to expand their scope of practice to a level that exceeds their training, as this could harm patients and their families.
When it comes to protecting North Carolina patients, there’s no sense arguing over who can provide the highest quality of care. The best solution is for healthcare professionals to continue working together under the leadership and supervision of a trained physician.
You can learn more and stay up to date by following the organization on Twitter, @PatientSafetyNC. If you have any questions or would like additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.